Yoga & Meditation Retreat
The Himalayan Institute
November 13 - 16, 2019
Treat yourself to a yoga immersion in the heart of the Poconos. The focus will be on you utilizing mantras and chakras with other tools from the yogic sciences. All participants can choose if they want to receive a mantra, go through mantra initiation and learn how to incorporate the practice of japa into your meditation practice. Time will be allowed to indulge yourself into PureRejuv, the wellness center at the Himalayan Institute. They provide a rich menu of different therapies, traditional and Ayurvedic, that can be found here. Incredible food, practice, fellowship and nature create the perfect environment for you to rejuvenate your system, refine your teaching skills and prepare for the holiday season. This retreat is required for those enrolled in any of our programs. A working knowledge of yoga philosophy and practice is advised.
Achieve greater self-compassion, joy, and lovingkindness through meditation, yoga and a deep look into yourself. Developing a compassionate relationship to your body and mind enhances emotional resiliency and well-being. Based on Iyengar Yoga, as taught by B.K.S. Iyengar teacher Renée DeTar shares essential tools for learning to treat yourself in a kind, compassionate way whenever you suffer, fail, or feel inadequate.
Through a combination of asana (postures), pranayama (breath practices), guided meditations, writing exercises, and group discussions, you will:
* Practice targeted asanas that help manage depression and anxiety
* Discover how Iyengar Yoga asana and pranayama work together as “meditation in action”
* Explore how anger, fear, grief, sadness, and shame manifest in the body, mind, and emotions and identify archetypes at work
* Learn a variety of skills to cultivate lovingkindness, decrease stress, and counteract negative states of mind
* Have the opportunity to experience mantra initiation and learn the practice of japa You return home with practices to address specific challenges in your life.