Anatomy Trains in Motion
Anatomy Trains in Motion is an in-depth 3-day course for movement and bodywork professionals who love integral anatomy and body-minded exercise applications that relate to real-life in all of its dimensions. It will be taught by Kiki Vance, from Santa Fe, New Mexico. She will have assistants as determined by number of registered participants to insure everyone receives the attention and direction that the need.
This resource-oriented education focuses on the qualities of Thomas W. Myers’ Anatomy Trains concept that enhance everyday functionality and vitality as well as somatic resourcefulness; therefore self-healing.
The integral anatomy of the myofascial meridians is explained in interactive lectures and experienced through body-minded movement applications. For a clear comprehension of the structural and functional aspects, anatomical structures are discussed individually and as part of a myofascial meridian that shapes posture, movement and how we feel about the body.
To further connect anatomy and function, science-informed fascial qualities are exemplified and embodied with deliberate exercise examples throughout the course. In a unique way, Anatomy Trains in Motion directly links the anatomy of the myofascial meridians with the essential events of walking and body-minded movement training.
Because we want to foster independent thinking and individualized learning, we encourage an inquisitive mind and facilitate understanding through movement explorations.
Concluding the course, you will have a clear understanding of why the myofascial meridians are defined the way they are and why the Anatomy Trains concept is of immense value for all body-minded movement methods that aim for structural integrity.
Anatomy Trains in Motion is a self-contained course that is also the first module of the Slings Myofascial Training diploma education.
Learning Objectives and Goals
As a result of taking this course, you will:
1. Have a deeper understanding of the value of the Anatomy Trains concept as an integral body map for movement.
2. Understand and experience the map of the main myofascial tracks and bony stations of the Superficial Back Line, Superficial Front Line, Lateral Line and Spiral Line.
3. Understand the course and experience the workings of the Deep Front Line, Front Arm Lines, Back Arm Lines, Back Functional Line, Front Functional Line and Ipsilateral Functional Line.
4. Understand the overall postural and movement functions as well as sensory qualities of the myofascial meridians.
5. Have essential knowledge of the interplay of muscles and fascia in motion.
6. Understand functional aspects of the myofascial meridians and ways to improve them with a fascia-focussed movement training.
Distinguishing Course Features
Eight features that make Anatomy Trains in Motion (ATiM) unique:
1. Body-minded movement perspective: The anatomy of the myofascial meridians is explained through the lens of body-minded movement and somatically oriented learning.
2. Linking anatomy, gait, holistic training: The course structure directly links the anatomy of the myofascial meridians with the essential events of walking and body-minded movement training.
3. Differentiated integration: Individual anatomical structures are discussed in detail and as part of the myofascial meridians that shape posture, movement and how we feel about the body.
4. Proprioception and interoception equated: Proprioception (how we coordinate posture and movement) and interoception (how we feel about our posture and movements) are equally valued and considered.
5. Science-informed embodiment: Science-informed fascial qualities and functional movement applications are discussed in interactive lectures and embodied with deliberate body-minded exercise examples.
6. Resource-oriented approach: Aspects of the Anatomy Trains concept that enhance functionality are used as a tool to strengthen vitality and somatic resourcefulness; therefore self-healing.
7. Guided by ATSI protocol: The philosophy and strategies of the Anatomy Trains Structural Integration bodywork concept are reflected in the organization of the ATiM course.
8. Part of a diploma education: ATiM is a self-contained course that is also the first module of the Slings Myofascial Training diploma education.
Duration: 3 days (21 contact hours) Friday through Sunday, hours to be posted when venue is confirmed.
Self-study time: 42 hours
Handout: In-depth education manual with detailed photographic references. Will be emailed upon registration.
Pilates teachers, Yoga Therapists, Advanced Yoga teachers with background in anatomy, Massage therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists and Movement Therapists.
Certificate: Certificate of Participation and Continuing Education Credits as follows:
21 CECs Pilates Method Alliance
21 CEs NCBTMB
1.9 CEUs NASM
21 Non-contact Yoga Alliance CEs
INFORMATION FOR ALL REGISTRANTS
During the bodyreading portion of this workshop, there is some degree of disrobing to view the upper or lower body.* We ask that you wear form-fitting clothing such as tank tops, yoga shorts, etc for you and your fellow students to feel comfortable in the classroom. This is optional and no one is forced to disrobe beyond their comfort level.
Anatomy Trains CE workshops are geared towards two types of audiences. This workshop is intended for movement modalities and the material will emphasize the movement implications of the Anatomy Trains map. Other courses are formatted for hands-on manual practitioners such as massage therapists, physical therapists and chiropractors. Please be certain that you are enrolled in the proper format of Anatomy Trains to fit your background and experience.
Please have the following available at time of workshop:
Anatomy Trains Myofascial Meridians Textbook (if you own a copy)
Notebook and pen (we will supply you with a pdf file of the presentation handout)
Please wear comfy clothing for movement* as above
Pilates or yoga mat
Two 10cm ‘Sensy Balls’ (purchase in advance on the Anatomy Trains website at https://www.anatomytrains.com/product/sensyball-10-massage-ball-set-of-2/
Familiarity with Thomas Myers’ book, Anatomy Trains®, will aid in comprehending the course lecture, demos, and visual aids . To purchase the most current edition, click here to go to the Anatomy Trains website to purchase. If you want to see a video regarding the new edition before you make this purchase, click here.
Venue: TBA in Kansas City
Daily Schedule: will be announced when venue is confirmed.
Bring a yoga mat, and wear comfortable clothing. Dining and coffee shop close by to venue.
Registration: $550 early bird discount, $650 after June 30, 2020
SPACE IS LIMITED. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.
Refunds available up until 30 days out for any reason.